Schools and Libraries
February 22, 2014From: Madeira City Schools
A pdf of this week's news can be found at February 20, 2014.
- Madeira Schools Foundation auction, "Madeira Gras," will be held Saturday, March 15 at 6 pm in the St. Gertrude Parish Center. This year supporters will be able to register, view and bid on auction items online! Whether it's your first auction or your twentieth, find everything you need to know about this year's event at 2014 MSF Auction Information. To donate to the auction, please contact Angie Schilling at 513-659-8970, and to become a sponsor, please contact Troy Bartson at 513-917-8957.
- 2014-2015 Kindergarten Registration will be held February 25 & 26. Families of any prospective students who have not set up an appointment are asked to call Alison Fopeano at 985-6080.
- The Madeira City Schools Planning Commission (PC) is surveying graduates from 2006 through 2010 to evaluate their experiences at Madeira High School and determine how they felt they were prepared for college and work. Results of the survey will help PC make specific suggestions or recommendations to enhance the overall high school experience of current and future students. The survey will take 3 to 5 minutes to complete. All responses and input will be kept confidential and graduates' identity is anonymous. Participants are requested to complete the survey prior to March 5, 2014. Graduates of the Madeira High School classes of 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 may access the survey at MHS '06 -'10 PC Survey.
- The spring Changing Hands children's consignment sale will take place at MES on Saturday, March 8 from 8-12. The sale features all types of children's gently used, high quality merchandise, with clothing up to size 16. If you are interested in consigning go to www.changinghandssale.wordpress.com. Volunteers are needed for the sale and for the presale the night before. Email Tammi Chalfie for more information or to sign up at email@example.com.
- Five MHS varsity swimmers have qualified for the OHSAA State Championship this week: Alison Dicke will swim in the 50 freestyle at state in the eighth seed. Jack Mantkowski qualified in the fifth seed for the 200 freestyle and Ryan Stevenson qualified in the 200 IM with the 15th seed. In the relays, the team of Mantkowski, Stevenson, Grant Karda, and Alex Fortman will swim at state in the 200 medley relay and 400 freestyle relay. The state swimming championships will be at the C.T. Branin Natatorium in Canton, Ohio. Preliminaries are on Thursday, February 20th and the finals are on Friday, February 21st.
- Eighth grade student David Grimm placed 6th and seventh grade student Laura Tensmeyer qualified for Regional Competition at the District Power of the Pen Competition on January 11. David and Laura will advance to the Regional Competition that will be held at Princeton Community Middle School on March 15th.
- MHS senior Ryan George, who attends Live Oaks, is participating in the Cincinnati Sister Cities Association exchange program with Munich, Germany this year. Ryan will spend time with his German exchange partner when the Munich students come here in April, then will travel to Munich with a group of 14 other Cincinnati students.
- Trenton Davis participated in the American Graduate Community Town Hall meeting that was held by CET TV and will air on Feb 27 at 9 pm on Channel 48. Trenton is a junior at MHS.