Government and Politics
February 22, 2021From: City Of Evanston
EVANSTON, IL - Following more than 18 inches of snow accumulation and with the potential for up to 3 inches of additional snowfall on Sunday, the City of Evanston has extended free off-street parking options through Monday, February 22 at 11:59 p.m.
Residents are encouraged to move their cars off the street to assist the City's ongoing snow clearing operations.
In addition to the locations listed below, free parking will also be available in the Evanston Ecology Center's parking lot, located at Bridge Street and McCormick Boulevard, beginning Friday, February 19 at 2 p.m. through Monday, February 22.
Downtown parking garages
The City is offering free parking in downtown garages located at:
- Sherman Plaza, 821 Davis St.
- Maple Avenue, 1800 Maple Ave.
- Church Street, 525 Church St.
Drivers will need to present the ticket they received upon entering the garage in order to exit for free.
AMITA Health St. Francis parking garage
AMITA Health is offering free parking in its parking garage, located at Sherman Avenue and Austin Street.
City parking lots
The City is offering free parking in the following surface parking lots:
- Lot 16, 800/900 Noyes St. at the CTA tracks
- Lot 24, 727 Main St.
- Lot 54, Central Street Metra Station
- Lot 27, 1621 Oak Ave.
- Lot 68, 700 block of Howard St.
- Lot 4, Central Street at Stewart Avenue (metered spaces only)
- Lot 51, 927 Noyes St. (metered spaces only)
- Lot 25, 1614 Maple Ave. (metered spaces only)
- James Park, between the west field house and the hill, as well as the south lot near the CTA tracks (NOT the Levy Center parking lot)
- Evanston Ecology Center, Bridge Street and McCormick Boulevard (beginning 2 p.m. on Friday, February 19)
For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.