Clubs and Organizations
April 26, 2019From: Queens Council on the Arts
Hustle For Your Worth: A Professional Development Event for Artists
Queens, NY – Queens Council on the Arts (QCA) invites creative and community members to join us for Hustle For Your Worth is a professional development seminar for artists and creatives organized as part of QCA’s Artist Commissioning Program. Open to the public, the event will feature interactive stations with guest speakers focusing on topics to help build and support creative careers, including: networking and branding, creating a vision board, art law, taxes for artists, and artist services.
It will also feature the Artist Commissioning Program’s two Jamaica-based awardees, Kerri Edge and Yogi (Y?) Guyadin, discussing how they manage their artists’ brands and sharing insights on their upcoming World Premieres.
Topics and Guest Speakers include:
Creating and Maintaining an Artist’s Brand:
- Yogi (Y?) Guyadin, Jamaica Artist Commissioning Program Awardee
- Kerri Edge, Jamaica Artist Commissioning Program Awardee
- Omar Edwards, Jamaica-based artist and Reform Performer
Networking and Branding
- Brendez Wineglass, Founder of Power Social Events | Project Manager of Jamaica Is Arts Alliance | ACP 17-18 Art Producer
Taxes for Artists
- Ricardo Bentham, Accountant | ACP 2017-18 Art Producer
Creating Vision Boards
- Karen Pilgrim, Licensed Vision Board Specialist
- Anastasia Kambanis, Marketing and Communications Associate, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Emma Frean, Legal Services Coordinator, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Kelly Olshan, Program Manager, Queens Council on the Arts
- Dan Bamba, Grants and Residencies Manager - Queens Council on the Arts
When: Friday, May 3, 2019 from 5 – 7pm
Where: Queens Central Library, 89-11 Merrick Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11432
Cost: Free and open to the public
Click Here to RSVP...