Clubs and Organizations
October 21, 2014
A new web article by Online Accounting Degree Programs details 25 of the world's most eco-friendly bank buildings.
Houston, TX - A new article by education website Online Accounting Degree Programs proves that bank buildings can be ecologically sound as well as aesthetically pleasing. "25 Most Impressive Eco-friendly Bank Buildings" is a collection of the most environmentally green financial buildings in the world. The article was launched as an incentive for eco-conscious accountants to seek employment with green banking institutions.
Included in the piece are photos and descriptions of the banks' designs and features of conservation and sustainability. The article explores the advantages of eco-friendly architecture to a building's occupants in addition to the apparent environmental benefits. According to research published by Psychology Today, office workers are happier and more productive when exposed to natural lighting and clean air.
"As for environmentally friendly corporate buildings, these projects set the standard worldwide," said editor Nestor Harding.
Nine buildings from the United States made the list, including the 72-story Bank of America Plaza in Dallas, Texas, which recently turned an old parking lot into a public garden park. International mentions include Mauritius Commercial Bank in Ebene, Mauritius, Africa. It is a stunning, 10-story cylindrical-shaped, solar-heated bank building that houses a concrete rainwater collection system. Another mention is KfW Bank in Frankfurt, Germany, which is considered one of the most energy-efficient buildings of any kind in Europe.
"25 Most Impressive Eco-friendly Bank Buildings" is available for free on Online Accounting Degree Programs' website along with dozens of professional resources for aspiring accountants. http://www.online-accounting-degrees.net/25-most-impressive-eco-friendly-bank-buildings/
Following are the 25 green bank buildings featured in the article:
1. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group by Lend Lease Design: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
2. National Australia Bank by Bligh Voller Nield Architects: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
3. Bank of America Plaza by JPJ Architects: Dallas, Texas, USA
4. Ironbank by RTA Studio: Auckland, New Zealand
5. The Deloitte Centre, Bank of New Zealand Headquarters: Auckland, New Zealand
6. Hypo Alpe-Adria Bank by Morphosis Architects: Tavagnacco, Udine, Italy
7. Mauritius Commercial Bank: Ebene, Mauritius, Africa
8. Banco Ciudad de Buenos Aires by Foster and Partners: Buenos Aires, Argentina
9. Banca delliOcchio by Emilio Ambasz Associates: Mestre-Venice, Italy
10. BMCE Regional Headquarters by Foster and Partners: Rabat and Casablanca, Morocco, Africa
11. KfW Bank by Sauerbruch Hutton Architects: Frankfurt, Germany
12. Ecology Building Society by Hodson Architects: Silsden, West Yorkshire, UK
13. Banner Bank Building by HDR: Boise, Idaho, USA
14. Kennebec Savings Bank by WBRC: Farmingdale, Maine, USA
15. European Investment Bank by Ingenhoven Architects: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
16. UniCredit Tower by Cesar Pelli: Milan, Italy
17. Deutsche Bank Headquarters by Mario Bellini: Frankfurt, Germany
18. Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park by Cook and Fox: New York, New York, USA
19. Standard Bank: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa
20.Prosperity Bank-Oak Hill Branch by Levy Architects: Austin, Texas, USA
21. First Bank and Trust by Behles and Behles: Skokie, Illinois, USA
22. TD Bank Cypress Creek Store by Bergmann Associates: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
23. Johnson Bank by R.A. Smith National: Brookfield, Wisconsin, USA
24. Union Bank: San Diego, California, USA
25. World Bank Building by Pharos Architects: Juba, South Sudan
About: Online Accounting Degree Programs is a one-stop web guide for careers and education in accounting. Find dozens of resources, including rankings for online accounting degrees, CPA exam information and career guidance for accountants.