Arts and Entertainment
August 3, 2013From: Jacob Burns Film Center
The Shirley Clarke Project Sept. 19-22
Sept. 19 - PORTRAIT OF JASON
- w/Milestone Films Presentation and Project Shirley founders Amy Heller and Dennis Doros
Sept. 20 - THE CONNECTION
Sept. 21 - ROBERT FROST: A LOVER’S QUARREL WITH THE WORLD
Sept. 22 - ORNETTE MADE IN AMERICA
Sept. 11 - NYFF GOLD: A 50TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION
- Q&A w/Kent Jones, Richard Pena, and Joanne Koch
Sept. 23 - SCARECROW
Sept. 12 - BACK TO SCHOOL
Sept. 26 - GIORGIO MORODER PRESENTS METROPOLIS
Sept. 12 - LIFE WITH ALZHEIMER’S
- Pannel Discussion w/caregiver Bessie Ford (her husband appears in the film), Rina Bellamy, director of My Second Home/Family Services of Westchester, and series creator/executive producer David Shenk. Reception with local, sustainable food from Table Local Market.
Focus on Nature
Sept. 25 - SYMPHONY OF THE SOIL
- Q&A w/Dan Barber, Deborah Koons Garcia, and JBFC Executive Director Steve Apkon. Food tasting reception with Pleasantville Farmer’s Market vendors. Wines generously donated by Wine Enthusiast.
National Theatre Live
Sept. 26 - OTHELLO
Local Element: Works from a Westchester Perspective
Sept. 30 - DEAD MAN’S BURDEN
- Q&A w/filmmaker Jared Moshe and JBFC Faculty Member Sean Weiner
Movies for Kids (and their Families)
Sept. 1, 2 - WHAT ABOUT BOB?
Sept. 7, 8, 14, 15 - SKY HIGH
Sept. 21, 22, 28, 29 - REAL GENIUS
** Please note: Screening dates and times are subject to change.**
Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.burnsfilmcenter.org or at the box office (opens 4pm weekdays and 11am weekends). For screening times and other information, visit our website or call the Box Office at 914.747.5555
Ticket prices for regular screenings: Members - $6; General Public - $11; Children under 12 - $6.50, Seniors (Mon–Thurs) - $8, Students with valid ID (Mon-Thurs & after 9pm Fri-Sun) - $8; Regular speaker events: Members - $9, Non-members - $14 Group Sales: Discounts are available to groups of 20 or more. Call (914) 773-7663 for information.