Schools and Libraries
February 5, 2018From: Madeira City Schools
- We invite any student, staff, parent or community member to nominate a Madeira educator to represent our district at the Hamilton County Education Foundation’s “Celebrate Excellence” event this spring. The annual Celebrate Excellence Award recognizes and honors excellent educators throughout the public school districts of Hamilton County. Nominations are open not only to classroom teachers but all certified Madeira Schools personnel. Past honorees have included special education teachers, music directors, principals, intervention specialists, guidance counselors and classroom teachers. For award criteria and to submit a nomination via mail, e-mail or online, please see Celebrating Excellence 2018.
- Tickets are on sale now for the 33rd Annual Madeira Schools Foundation Auction!. Here are some details that are good to know:
-- The theme is March Madness - feel free to dress casually & wear your favorite team gear.
-- Reverse Raffle, Apple Package and Heads and Tails game necklaces are available for purchase with your tickets.
-- New this year: there will be a beer garden with a 14 feet high TV so you won’t miss any of the March Madness action. Food options will include: “Swish Martini Bar”, Mid-evening or late-night warm donuts delivered from Busken, Smoke to Table pulled pork sliders, lamb sliders, Killer Nacho station and more!
-- Online auction bidding will open Monday, February 26.
Visit our web site that will be updated as more details are available: Madeira Schools Foundation. We hope you can join us, and please invite your neighbors and friends!
- Children of Madeira residents that will be five (5) years old on or before September 30, 2018 are eligible to be registered to attend Kindergarten at Madeira City Schools for the 2018-2019 school year. All links and a full description of the process and required documents can be found at 2018-2019 Kindergarten Registration. For more information contact Madeira Elementary School at 985-6080. We are excited to welcome the graduating class of 2031!
- The Madeira Athletic Boosters’ Hall of Fame is accepting nominations for its 2018 induction class. Nominations may be made in three different categories: former athlete, former coach, or past or present contributor to the athletic program. A former athletic must be out of high school a minimum of five years. A former coach must no longer be coaching in the Madeira Schools system. A contributor may still be active in the same or other activity. The selection process in each category is based on accomplishments at Madeira High only. A nomination form for each category may be found at Hall of Fame, and are also available in the MHS Athletic Office. Nominations may be returned to the Athletic Office or mailed to MHS Athletic Hall of Fame, P.O. Box 43266, Madeira, Ohio 45243. They may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit a nomination is May 1, 2018.
- Madeira Amazon Basketball Senior Night is tonight - players will be introduced at 7 pm between the JV and Varsity games. The Boosters are also hosting a halftime shootout contest with prizes.
- Vote for Mary Englert for the Enquirer’s Player of the Week at Vote for Mary. Voting ends at 3 pm Friday. Congratulations to Jackson Hugentobler who was the Enquirer’s Player of the week January 26.
- Madeira High School’s Mock Trial team was among the 12 teams from 7 schools across Hamilton County to advance to the regional competition by beating both Clark Montessori and Elder’s Purple team. Regionals will be held on February 16.
- While an unexpected early dismissal from school will be the last resort, we want you to be aware of our emergency weather procedures in advance. Please see Weather for our weather alert information.
Information on our listserves can be found at Listserve Information.