Schools and Libraries
March 1, 2014From: Madeira City Schools
The following are upcoming reminders:
- Tuesday, March 4th - 7th & 8th Grade Band Concert - 7 PM @ MHS (call time is 6:30) - Students should wear Band Polo, Khakis and no gym shoes.
- Wednesday, March 5th - DISTRICT EARLY RELEASE - 1:30 PM MMS
- Thursday, March 6th - 5th/6th/7th/8th Grade All District Choir Concert - 7 PM @ Madeira Silverwood Presbyterian Church (call time is 5:30) - Students should wear White Shirt, Black Pants, and Black Shoes. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A CHANGE FROM THE DISTRICT CALENDAR.
- Sunday, March 9th - Daylight Savings Begins
- Friday, March 14th - Third Quarter Ends
- Saturday, March 15th - MSF Auction - 6 PM @ St Gertrude Parish
There are many activities planned for students, so please see "Upcoming Events" and "School Events" on Madeira Middle Schools webpage for event details and/or changes.
MSF Auction Online Information:
The Madeira Schools Foundation auction, Madeira Gras, goes live online this Saturday at 8 AM! Check out the fantastic items up for bid at: http://www.biddingforgood.com/MSFauction/MSF. Remember, this year you can bid on items online even if you can't attend the live event on March 15th. There are lots of new additions to the auction this year; please keep the following in mind:
- The first of six $250 early drawings for the Reverse Raffle will be this Saturday at 5 PM on the auction site. Buy your ticket now for the most chances to win!
- If you haven't yet registered to attend the event, now is the time. Seats are filling up fast
- If you want to bid on items, you must be registered on the BiddingForGood MSF Auction site (line above), whether you attend or not.
- If you purchase one or more necklaces for the Heads/Tails Raffle online, please indicate which color necklace(s) you would like. If you're not participating in the Heads/Tails Raffle, you do not need to specify.
- Don't forget to bring your smart phones, iPads, tablets etc. the night of the auction to bid. We will have WiFi and tech volunteers throughout the room all night to help with your bidding, too.
- To pay for your items at the end of the night, you can pay by cash or check, but the default will be to charge the credit card you used to register. If you'd prefer not to charge your purchases, just let a Foundation volunteer know when you arrive.
Than you for supporting the students of Madeira City Schools!
MMS PTO News & Kindness Quote
The MMS PTO is collaborating with the Middle School to expand on the ideas of kindness that are found in the book Wonder by R. J. Palacio. Every classroom at MMS is reading or has already finished reading this fantastic book.
We will be picking quotes from the book for the remainder of the year and reminding students of them with place cards on lunch tables in the cafeteria and on the morning announcements. Ask your child about these quotes and how they may apply to their own lives. This week's quote is:
"When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind." - Dr. Wayne Dyer
Parents can borrow a copy of the book from the school. Contact Susan Fraley for details.
Other PTO news:
The next PTO meeting will be Friday, March 7, 9:15AM at Madeira Elementary School. This is a joint meeting of all the Madeira Schools' PTOs. This is a great way to find out what is going on in the district and at each school. Refreshments will be served and child care will be provided.
The 7th grade Courage Retreat, funded by the MMS PTO, will be this Friday, February 28, during the school day. 7th grade students should bring a sack-lunch that day.
The 5th and 6th grade social will be held Friday March 14 right after school (3:00 4:30PM). Tickets will be $5. More information will follow.
If you would like to be involved with or have questions or comments about the MMS PTO, please contact Theresa Fisk (firstname.lastname@example.org 272-1622). We welcome ideas and opinions and are open to involvement both small and large.
We will soon have a facebook page up and running. Be watching for that.