Schools and Libraries
February 9, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
featuring delicious food and beverages, and the chance to bid on fabulous items and raffle prizes. Proceeds support Madeira programs and provide classroom materials from technology purchases/upgrades, to arts and athletic enhancements. The Foundation also supports our PTOs, helps fund educational experiences such as the Day of Service and Global Leadership Summit, and contributes to scholarships for students and alumni.
This year's event will feature a $7,500 Reverse Raffle with an early drawing of $500, and an Ultimate Apple Package that includes a MacBook Pro, 32GB iPad Air, iPod Touch and Apple TV.
New this year is 'Dinner by the Bite'. Food stations featuring local bites will be available throughout the evening in an effort to open up some space in the room. We're offering two types of tickets:
- Reserved Table Seat ($60): As in years past, reserve individual seats or coordinate a table with a group.
- Stand-Up Table ($50): Enjoy your food, drink and conversation at high top tables. There will be stools at some of these tables, but there is no reserved seat with this ticket option.
Registration is now open at Marchtoberfest 2016, where you can also purchase raffle tickets and preview auction items. Starting March 1 you will be able to start bidding on items at the site whether you attend the auction or not. If you'd like to support the auction through a donation or sponsorship, please contact Troy Bartson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Angie Schilling email@example.com or David Eberly at DEberly@emclawyers.com =. For more about the Foundation please visit www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org
- Boy Scout Troop 555 will sponsor a Fish Fry three Fridays in Lent. Dine-In or Carryout meals will be available for adults ($8.00) and Children ($6.00) on February 12, 19 and 26 from 5 7:30 pm in the St. Gertrude School cafeteria. EntrÃ©e options include fish fillet, fish sandwich, boiled shrimp and cheese pizza with sides of french fries, macaroni and cheese, cole slaw or applesauce.
- Madeira Elementary School has officially been designated as a Kindness Certified School. Last week, MES participated in "The Great Kindness Challenge" through the Kids for Peace Organization. The entire week was devoted to performing as many acts of kindness as possible, decorating the halls with "kindness matters" posters, and completing classroom lessons about the importance for being kind. Congratulations to our MES students who know the power of kindness and continue to show amazing acts of kindness every day!
- Jake Megois and Brendon Schatzel signed letters of intent to participate in athletics at the college level. Jake will be attending Morehead State and playing football, and Brendon will be playing football at Wilmington.
- Jamie Grob was named an Ohio Lottery Academic All Star for being a leader in athletics and academics.
- Addy Young performed in the OMEA All State Band Concert for hundreds of music educators and professional musicians from around the state at the OMEA Professional Development Conference.
Friday, February 12 - Teacher Inservice Day
Monday, February 15 - President's Day.