Schools and Libraries
January 24, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- Madeira is joining over 700 other Ohio school districts to build awareness and understanding of the vital function our elected board of education plays by recognizing our school board members this month. Please join us in thanking Tarek Kamil, Ginger Madden, Richard Palmer, Pat Shea, and Cathy Swami for serving Madeira City Schools as our elected school board members! For more on our school board please see 2016 Madeira City School Board.
- The Madeira City School Board approved Tim Weber as the district's new Assistant Superintendent at their January 11 meeting. Weber will join newly appointed Superintendent Kenji Matsudo in leading the district beginning with the 2016-2017 school year. For more about Mr. Matsudo and Mr. Weber please see New District Leadership Team Forms.
- Children of Madeira residents that will be five (5) years old on or before September 30, 2016 are eligible to be registered for Kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year using our new online process. There are three important steps in the process. 1) At 6 am on January 25 a pre-registration survey link will will become active on our website for parents to identify their preference for AM or PM Kindergarten, or the Optional All-Day Kindergarten Program. Preferences will be handled in the order in which they are received. 2) The online registration will be active the week of February 22 and all forms should be completed by March 4, 2016. 3) After completing the online portion, please call Sonja Burniston at 985-6080 to schedule a 10-minute registration meeting for either March 14 or 15 to review your paperwork and finalize your child's kindergarten registration. Visit the Madeira Elementary page of our website at Kindergarten Registration. for all links and a full description of the process. We are excited to welcome the graduating class of 2029!
- The Madeira Schools Foundation is hosting a Pampered Chef FUNdraiser on January 27 at 7 pm. All host benefits and income will be used to purchase items for the Foundation's annual auction. To RSVP contact Debbie Graeter at 885-8579, and for a catalog and order see Pampered Chef FUNdraiser.
- Jennifer Jordan's MHS Personal Finance class is the recipient of $2,500 grant from the H&R Block Budget Challenge. The Challenge is an online simulation that brings personal finance education to life by immersing participants into the financial life of a recent college graduate. The grant will be used to support other personal finance education initiatives at the high school.
- The high school's Art program was one of 30 out of 100 selected to participate in the first ever "Artists of the Future" event at AIC College of Design. Students Maura Hull and Lexin Yuan and their teacher Jill Dulgeroff participated. For more please see MHS Arts Program Honored.
- Board approved calendar dates for the two upcoming school years can be found at these links:
2016-2017 Board Approved Calendar Dates and 2017-2018 Board Approved Calendar Dates.