Schools and Libraries
May 26, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- Thursday, May 26, the Class of 2016 Baccalaureate will be held at 7:30 PM in Madeira High School's Medert Auditorium. Members of the graduating class will share their memories of MHS, along with faculty members Brett Becker and Justin Belarski. On Saturday, May 28 at 7:30 PM, the Class of 2016 Graduation will be held in MHS's Ruth Romano Courtyard. The High School Band and Choir will perform, followed by remarks from senior class president Nick Cedillo, Salutatorian Zachary Evans and Co-Valedictorians Addison Cooper and Adelaide Young. Make plans to attend one or both of these highlights in honor of the Class of 2016!
- We are proud to present just a few of the outstanding students, staff members, parents and community members who help make our district excellent. For photos of the recipients of this year's Madeira Schools Foundation Distinguished Awards, the school board's 'I Make a Difference' award, our Top Seniors, the district's 2016 'Educator of the Year' and more please see Awarding Excellence.
- The Madeira City School District is teaming up with the City of Madeira for the annual Troop Care Package drive to deliver much needed and appreciated care packages to military troops serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and other remote deployments throughout the world. Last year, over 2,000 pounds of donations were collected, which resulted in 654 boxes filled. With the generosity of our Madeira students, families, faculty and staff, this year we hope to achieve the goal of filling more than 1,000 boxes. Specially marked containers have been placed in MMS, MHS and Madeira City Hall. Items needed are: travel sizes of items such as band-aids, body wash, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste/brush, lip balm and sunscreen - as well as food products including hard candy, microwave mac and Cheese, pop tarts, trail mix and nuts, and granola bars (no home baked goods or alcohol). Miscellaneous items needed include AA-AAA batteries, ziploc bags, prepaid phone cards and magazines. For other requested items, or if you know of a family member or friend who is deployed, please email Jose & Teresa Baldan (email@example.com) to provide their name, rank, and deployed address so a package can be sent directly to them. The drive runs until this Friday, May 27, and packages will be filled and shipped in time to arrive for the week of July 4th. Every donation helps!
- The Madeira High School PTO will be having its final fundraiser for the year at Depot Barbecue on Sunday, May 29. Our friends at Depot Barbecue will be donating 15% of the proceeds to the MHS PTO, so please consider making this part of your Memorial Day weekend plans. Bring a copy of the flyer at PTO at the Depot so they will know you are supporting the MHS PTO.
- Sign up today to play and/or sponsor the June 4 golf outing being sponsored by the Baseball, Football and Golf teams. See 2016 Golf Outing for more information.
- All dates for the 2016-2017 school year are now on our website's online calendar, which will be kept up to date. The calendar can be found on the bottom left of our home page at www.madeiracityschools.org. Copies of the printed calendar will be available to all families of students at parent/student meetings, Back to School nights, Open Houses, or in any school office once school resumes. Community members can have a copy of the printed calendar mailed to them by contacting Diane Nichols at 924-3707 or firstname.lastname@example.org any time after August 29.
- The Madeira Schools Foundation is sponsoring a Bow Tie Design competition in honor of Superintendent Steve Kramer's upcoming retirement and his love for bow ties.We are asking students, faculty/staff, alumni and community members to participate. The winning design(s) will be sold to the public next fall and all of the proceeds will go to fund the Steve Kramer Scholarship Fund with the Madeira Schools Foundation, which will benefit the students of Madeira City Schools. All designs are due by midnight on July 1, 2016.
- For information on the USDA's free summer lunch program for kids and teens, please see Summer Meals for Kids and Teens or call 1-866-348-6479.
Have a safe, healthy and happy summer break - we will be ready to welcome you back on August 17!