Clubs and Organizations
April 24, 2020
- Josh Groban raised money through an at-home live concert on Facebook and couldn't have ended with a more appropriate song than "You Raise Me Up."
- The cast of Grace and Frankie performed a live table read on YouTube to benefit Meals on Wheels that inspired so much generosity that it actually temporarily crashed our website.
- Fanatics launched a campaign to auction off once in a lifetime opportunities with athletes and celebrities: Batting practice with Alex Rodriguez, golf with Justin Timberlake or starring in Kevin Hart's next movie. Hundreds of celebrities and athletes have joined the #AllInChallenge which has raised over $17 million to date to help Meals on Wheels and several additional charities during the crisis.
- Qurate Retail Group (comprised of brands like Qurate Retail Group (comprised of brands like QVC®, HSN® and Zulily®) has already hit its initial $1 million donation match pledge! So, they've increased it to $2 million! You now have until #GivingTuesdayNow on Tuesday, May 5 — a day dedicated to unite the world in the midst of COVID-19. Make your donation go twice as far.
- If you're missing sports or just want to support seniors, tune in April 23-25 to the NFL Draft-A-Thon, which will be a three-day virtual fundraiser for Meals on Wheels and five additional charities battling the spread of COVID-19. Tune in to the #DraftAThon to see surprise guests talk about Meals on Wheels and raise money for our COVID-19 relief efforts! Watch live across NFL social channels (NFL website, NFL App, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and Twitch) starting from April 23rd at 7:30 ET and visit nfl.com/relief to learn more or donate.
After the NFL Draft on April 23rd, make sure to tune in for the Oikos Triple Zero NFL Draft (Virtual) After-Party. Shaq will be DJ'ing live at 10pm ET – celebrating a $50,000 gift from Oikos to the Meals on Wheels COVID-19 Response Fund and encouraging others to give as well. You can follow along on Shaq's Instagram page tonight!