Arts and Entertainment
November 21, 2014
A Musical by Tom Jones & Harvey Schmidt
Directed by Bryce Alexander
The world's longest running musical, this iconic romantic comedy has delighted audiences for over 50 years with its timeless story of love and captivating music. "The Fantasticks" is a hilarious and moving tale of two young lovers, their meddling fathers and the wall that divides them. This funny and romantic musical includes such hits as: "Try to Remember," "Never Say No," "They Were You," and "Soon it's Gonna Rain."
Director Bryce Alexander has cast Jeremy Palmer (El Gallo), Jenna Bainbridge (Luisa), Daniel Traylor (Matt), Mark Dissette (Hucklebee), Robert Michael Sanders* (Bellomy), David Wright (Henry), Stewart Caswell (Mortimer) and Lyndsay Palmer (Mute).
Phamaly is proud to announce that the cast of "The Fantasticks" will also travel to Osaka, Japan in March of 2015 for Phamaly's first ever international tour! There will be one performance of "The Fantasticks" in Osaka at the International Communication Center for Persons with Disabilities, and cast members will also be trained to lead a series of community workshops.
Sensory Friendly Performance Sunday, February 1 @ 11 a.m. for patrons with Autism and their families.
Phamaly will offer its inaugural sensory friendly performance on Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 11:00am at the Aurora Fox.
This sensory friendly performance is only for patrons with Autism and their families.
Tickets are $20 and available by calling the Fox box office at 303-739-1970 online at www.phamaly.org
If you have special requests for attending this performance, please contact Grace Hartke email@example.com by January 25, 2015.
This performance includes accommodations such as:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance;
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
- Designated quiet areas within the theater;
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
- Limited crowds and visitors at the theatre during the day and timing of the performance; and
- Phamaly staff and volunteers trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
On Sunday, February 8 Phamaly will offer a backstage sensory tour at 11:00 a.m. The sensory tour brings individuals on stage for a tactile experience, touching elements of the set, costumes, and prop pieces. The sensory tour is free to all patrons who have a ticket for that day's 2:00 p.m.performance. Reservations are required by calling the Phamaly office at 303-575-0005 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Previews Thur. Jan. 29 & Fri. Jan. 30;
- Opening Jan. 31 Feb. 15, 2015
Fri./Sat. & Mon., Feb 9 @ 7:30 p.m.; Sun., Feb 8 & 15 @ 2 p.m.
- Audio description & Sign Interpretation, Sun. Feb 8 @ 2 p.m. with a post show talk back.
Where: Aurora Fox Arts Center, 9900 E. Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO 80040
$20 all seats Jan 29 & 30 (previews) and Mon., Feb 9 (Industry Night).
$36 all other performances
Group discounts available
Box Office 303-739-1970 online at www.phamaly.org