Town Of Huntersville is Now Accepting Applications for the Parks And Recreation Commission and the Greenway, Trail and Bikeway Commission

Government and Politics

November 27, 2013

From: Town Of Huntersville

The Town of Huntersville is now taking applications for the Parks and Recreation Commission and the Greenway, Trail, and Bikeway Commission. Serving as a member on these advisory boards gives residents an opportunity to give their input and offer suggestions regarding leisure, parks, trails, greenways and recreation activities in the Town.  These advisory boards provide an invaluable service to the Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department and the Huntersville Town Board by providing insight and direction on programs, policies, procedures and facility needs. All advisory board members are appointed by the Huntersville Town Board.

Applicants must be a Huntersville resident. Meetings are subject to change depending on Commission action, but the GTBC usually meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and the PRC meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.

Interested? You can download an application by going to or you can call the Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department at 704.766.2228 for more information.

All applications must be received by December 6, 2013.

Applications can be mailed to:
Huntersville Parks & Recreation
PO Box 2879
Huntersville, NC 28070
e-mailed to: