Schools and Libraries
June 10, 2014From: Madeira City Schools
- Congratulations to MHS Sophomore Nick Cedillo who qualified to compete in the state Track & Field competition. He will run the 400 m semi finals on Friday at 3 pm at the Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, 2450 Fred Taylor Dr, Columbus, OH 43210. The top nine qualifiers move on to the finals on Saturday at 2 pm. For a schedule please see OHSAA Schedule.
- Madeira has again been ranked the number two suburb in Cincinnati by Cincy Magazine. Data from over 270 villages, cities and townships was collected which included home sales data, crime, property taxes and school districts. Of Madeira, the magazine says "a low crime rate, combined with a strong city school district, keeps the city as one of the area's most desireable places to live." For the entire article please see Cincy Magazine.
- A message from BSA Troop 209: The new Madeira Directory is now on sale at; (1) Kroger, (2) Madeira City Hall and (3) Adrien Pharmacy. The price for the Directory is $7.00 for (1) or (3) for $18.00. The money from the sale of the Madeira Directory supports Boy Scout Troop 209 scouting activities. The Madeira Directory has a listing of all known Madeira residences and businesses as of 2014. It contains; Emergency phone numbers, Madeira City information, Civic Organizations, Youth Organizations, Sports Organizations, Madeira City School information, Madeira Church information, a History of Madeira 1787 - Present, Classified advertisement listing, Phone listing by alphabet, Madeira City map, Kenwood area map and phone list by street/number. Thank you for your continued support.
- Summer is a great time to start saving items for the MES Fall Changing Hands Sale! If your toy bins are overflowing or your attic space if filling up, now's the time to de-clutter and to put aside those games, clothes, baby gear, electronics, books, etc....anything and everything for kids (Fall/Winter only). Changing Hands will take place on Saturday, September 13 and registration opens online on July 25. In the coming month our new address will be www.changinghandssale.com or email us at email@example.com.
- The First Annual Madeira Cross Country Alumni Race will be held Saturday, August 16 at Sharon Woods. The 2 mile race begins at 10:00 am on the Junior High CHL Cross Country Course. The $12 entry fee includes a T-Shirt and lunch. Register online at raceentry.com and look for the Madeira Mustang. Return to your alma mater and compete with your graduating class against other alumni and current runners to see who comes out on top - individual awards will go to top finishers and a traveling trophy will be awarded to the top graduating class. For more information contact Josh Dooley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Natalie Dragovich at email@example.com.