100 Conservation Way
Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge was established to:
- Protect and preserve unique wetland habitat types and associated wildlife species.
- Provide habitat and protection for endangered species such as red wolves, red-cockaded woodpeckers, and American alligators.
- Provide habitat for black bears.
- Provide habitat and management for waterfowl and other migratory birds.
- Provide for a wide variety of native wildlife species through diverse wildlife management techniques and strategies.
- Provide wildlife-dependent public opportunities including hunting; fishing; wildlife interpretation; observation; photography; and environmental education