Antioch Baptist Church was organized in 1841, as one of the three or four earliest churches in the Association. Antioch hosted the Association the first time in 1944. The first building was a one room log structure and used for both a church and as a high school. Men and women who attended the high school went on to become teachers, preacher, lawyers and doctors. The students held a reunion at Antioch Baptist Church in 1932.
Antioch Baptist Church was deeded 10 acres of land in June, 1876 for a new building and cemetery area. The second church building was a one room frame structure and was used for both a church and a grammar school. The original log building was dismantled and re-assembled on a nearby farm for a corn crib. The second church building was destroyed by fire in 1925.The third building was originally a one room frame building constructed in 1926. A one room school building was built nearby and named Antioch Elementary School. This school existed until it was abolished in the 1954-1955 consolidation of county schools.
Due to the growth in membership (now over 400) during the late sixties and first half of the seventies, the present building was planned for and constructed in 1977 and 1978. To accommodate the continued growth of the church the latest 6400 square foot education and fellowship hall addition was completed in 1991. The new building is very modern with all the conveniences you would expect to find in any church. One exception is the lintel over the front doors which is a hand hewed log from the first Antioch Baptist Church Building. In 1999 Complete renovation of the sanctuary and choir loft. In 2000 the basement was renovated for the Youth and Awana fellowship hall we have a wall of the History of Antioch Baptist Church to include most of the pastors.