590 Industrial Parkway
In the spring of 1930 a traveling Evangelist by the name of Sis. Isabelle Flowers, accompanied by another sister (whose name has been lost through time) came to this bustling little coal and mineral-water town of Dawson Springs, located in the coal fields of western Kentucky. They held a lengthy tent revival on a lot east of downtown, and out of that revival rose a congregation of Holy Ghost filled believers.
Before winter weather set-in this industrious group had built a nice church building in which to worship.. The church on West Arcadia Ave. (US Hwy 62) and Trim Street served as home to the Independent Holiness Church of God. This was, and still is, a Oneness church and has never been associated with the Church of God denomination,
Arriving in Dawson Springs from near by Beech Creek, Kentucky, Rev. Vernon Hardison served as the first Pastor. After several years, he was followed by Rev. John Penrod who in turn was followed for a short time by Rev. Tommy Stevens.
Next came Rev. Oscar Hughes. In 1946 Rev. Wilbur Sizemore served a two year stint in the Pastorate, before Rev. Edwin J. Bayer from Birdseye, Indiana came to Pastor the church.
The Bayers Pastored until 1954 when they returned to Indiana. Following this, Rev. Wesley Miller, and then Rev. V.V. Haggard filled the office. It was during Rev. E. J. Bayer's tenure that the congregation voted to change its name to Apostolic Holiness Church.
It was in the fall of 1 957 that Rev. and Sis. E. J. Bayer returned to Dawson Springs, and Pastored the church until his untimely death in 1971. In the late '50's Rev. Bayer brought the church into association with the United Pentecostal Church organization. Following the death of his father Rev. David Bayer served as Pastor until 1989.
The place of worship on Trim street served growing congregation well for several years, but the need of more room and better facilities brought about a re-modeling project in the late '40's, and in 1956 a basement was added for Sunday School rooms
As the church grew to standing room only crowds a search was made for a place to re-locate. In 1972 the congregation purchased a 20 acre lot on the corner of Highway 109 and Rosedale Lane in Dawson Springs, and soon thereafter work began on a large new sanctuary. Dedication of the new building was held in October of 1974. The dedication sermon was deliverer by Rev. Joe David Sizemore, who had grown up in the church and now Pastors in Cincinnati, Ohio.