Built in 1876, the Belmont Courthouse was the seat of Nye County’s government until 1905. The building is partially restored and offers a glimpse into Nevada’s colorful past. A short self-guided trail highlights the historic features of the site. Camping and picnic accommodations are available nearby on public lands or at the Pine Creek Campground (Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest) in Monitor Valley, 20 miles to the north. Tours of the historic Belmont Courthouse are given during summer months. Call the Fallon Region Headquarters for dates and times. The ghost town of Belmontis located 45 miles northeast of Tonopah via u.S. 6, State Route 376 and Monitor Valley Road.