Bisceglie-Scribner Park is located on Newtown Turnpike, not far from the blinking light near Cobb's Mill Inn. It is comprised of 53.5 acres with a picnic area, fitness trail, playground, three Little League sized baseball fields and swimming pond. Please use the main parking lot only and park only in upper parking lot. Do not drive down walkway to the pond. This is for emergency vehicles and staff only.
Amenities include rest rooms and changing area as well as a personnel office and soda and snack machines, which are open only during the swimming season. Picnic tables are available. The fitness trail was donated by the Kiwanis club and the playground, Melanie's Playground was given by the Weston Park Project.
The pond is free to Weston residents only. A hand pass is required for admission to the pond area. Register for permits online at www.westonct.gov for a family, individual or senior.
The park is open year-round. The swimming pond is open from 11:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m., seven days a week.
The pond is available for swimming only when lifeguards are on duty. It is staffed by qualified individuals who possess lifeguard training, CPR and First Aid certification.
1. No swimming under any conditions unless lifeguard is on duty.
2. Those aged 11 and under must be accompanied by an Adult.
3. No diving from the dock.
4. No climbing over the fences, buildings or equipment.
5. No pushing, dunking, wrestling, profanity or other improper behavior.
6. No littering; no glass in pond area; no alcoholic beverages, no smoking.
7. No swimming in street clothes
8. No washing of diapers or children allowed in the water.
9. No flotation devices in except U.S. Coast Guard approved safety vests in water.
10. No dogs allowed in pond area; dogs in park must be on a leash at all times.
The Park is managed, maintained and operated by the Weston Parks and recreation Department. Any questions call 222-2655.