Dravosburg celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2003. In those 100 years of history as a municipality, Dravosburg has maintained many of the values that were key to it’s founding in 1903. The records of Dravosburg date back to 1769. The first settler was John Gray also known as George Gray. Prior to that time, an early deed was recorded if this section as far as Hays, know then as Six Mile Ferry. This section was granted to John Gray by John and Thomas Penn, sons if William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania. The property, formerly known as Mt. Gray, is remembered as Cunningham farm, a heritage of the Gray family. The first home if the Cunningham family was a two room log cabin overlooking the Monongahela River, built in 1854 and known as Amity settlement and later was the home of Conrad Goldstrohm, for whom a street is named for. The Civil war halted further building on the hill as most of the young men were in the service.
In 1789, the land where Richland Cemetery is located was deeded to Conrad Latterbock. The land extended back as far as the property now known as Curry Hollow. The Cemetery was used as a private burial place and was known by two name Richland and Cuventry. In 1837 this land was deeded to the Curry family and known as the Curry Place. Part of this land is still known as Curry Hollow. Dravosburg, a part of Mifflin Township, was incorporated into a Borough March 31, 1903. The first Burgess was Stephan Crump elected May 6, 1903. A council was elected and they had their first meeting in the Richer Real Estate office, located at what was the Richards Building. The first order of business was to hire a policeman, buy a revolver, a mace, two pairs of handcuffs, and order a lockup built. The lockup was ready June 7, 1904.