Brick School, Inc. is a non-profit organization and support group for Franklin's Red Brick School.
We are dedicated to the preservation and educational excellence of
Franklin's oldest and one of the country's oldest one room
A schoolhouse has stood at the site of The Brick School since 1792.
In 1833 the building was taken down and rebuilt with bricks brought
from Boston, where they had been ballast on a ship. Paul Clark went
with a yoke of oxen and cart and brought the bricks to Franklin.
Through the efforts of the Franklin Historical Commission the school
was accepted to the National Historic Register in 1976.
The Brick School Association was founded in 1970 and
incorporated as a non-profit in 1984 to organize the townspeople's
enthusiam for the school. BSA members have made and sold many
strawberry shortcakes through the years at the Town's Annual July 4th
Celebration to raise money for the school. Additionally, through
grants, donations, volunteers and other fund raising events, we help
the Town of Franklin with the ongoing maintenance, care and expenses of
this historical school. Membership in the organization is made up of
Brick School students, parents, alumni, grandparents and many members
of the community. All are welcome!