Calvary Bible Church

801 South Springfield Avenue
870-438-6547

History:
A group of individuals met in the old Brawley School house in the fall of 1955. That group was the foundation for what would become Calvary Bible Church. The group grew and moved into the old theater building in January 1956. The men of the church began construction on their own church building, which was located on Walnut and Arch Streets. It was finished in January of 1957. Dedication services were held on January 6, 1957, with Rev. Homer Fisher as the special speaker for the morning services. Rev. Lawrence Mitchell was the Pastor for the congregation. In April of 1980, the new church property located on South Springfield Street was purchased. The first services were held there on April 27, 1980. On June 12, 1991, Pastor Gaylord Finch was voted into the church to lead the congregation.