Add an Article
Add an Event
The first Cedar Hill Lions Club formed in 1950 with Martin L. Clark and Millard Potter as founding members. This club eventually dissolved.
In October 1971 Greg Patton joined the Lions Club in Cedar Hill. The club struggled because of lack of membership but remained active for about 3 years.
The third Lions Club to form in Cedar Hill began on 4 March 1978, with Past International President W. R. 'Dick' Bryan as Charter Night Speaker....and Greg Patton was Second Vice President; Don Chattin was Charter President.
In 1983 the current Cedar Hill Lions club formed. George Conn was instrumental. Traphene Hickman encouraged the club but could not join because no females were allowed to join at the time. Now woman are actively involved and encouraged to join the Cedar Hill Lions Club.
Today the Cedar Hill Lions Club has about 50 members. They are men and women of the community who give back to the community by sponsoring various activities and charities.