Routes 50 and 213
Chesapeake College is a comprehensive public two-year regional community college serving the educational needs of the residents of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot counties on Maryland's Upper Eastern Shore. The college's mission is offer affordable, quality educational experiences in a learner centered environment. Each student's success is nurtured by comprehensive support services, innovative instructional approaches, and individual attention. The college is the regional center for economic development, sustainability, recreation and the arts.
In particular, the college embraces its commitment to student learning in the following ways:
- Prepare students as independent learners who are intellectually competent, skilled in the application of learning, technologically proficient, and grounded in the values and common goals of our civic culture.
- Challenge students to see beyond themselves to better understand their place in a global society and culturally diverse world, while preserving and enhancing the rich cultural heritage of the region.
- Provide a curriculum and activities that meet the needs of an increasingly diverse student population.
- Enhance learning opportunities, in partnership with community organizations that reinforce the value of service to others and strengthen students' ethical development and civic engagement.
- Ensure an environment conducive for learning by providing appropriate facilities, support services and other resources to enhance student learning.
The college offers a large selection of credit and continuing education offerings designed to help students prepare for transfer to upper level institutions, for immediate entry into a career, or for enhancing work-related skills. Beyond the curricula, the college offers many opportunities for further academic, social, personal, cultural, and athletic development through a rich variety of extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
To enhance student learning and to promote teaching excellence, the college commits to providing a supportive learning environment characterized by a dedicated, caring and highly qualified faculty and staff. The college offers all employees professional development opportunities that are aligned with goals outlined in its Strategic Plan. Through these commitments, the college nurtures a community of lifelong learners among faculty, staff and students.