The mission of The Conference House Association is to preserve, protect and maintain the historic houses of Conference House Park, while educating the public about their history.
The Conference House, built c. 1680, by Christopher Billopp, a Royal Navy captain, is located at the southernmost tip of New York State, overlooking Raritan Bay. It is named for the Revolutionary War peace conference that was held there on September 11, 1776 with
In the early 1920's, this stately manor house was about to be razed. But through the efforts of a group of concerned citizens, The Conference House Association, a non-profit organization, was formed in 1927 and the house was saved.
The Conference House is a National Historic and New York City Landmark, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is the only pre-Revolutionary manor house still surviving in New York City.
The house is open for guided tours from April through early December. Group and school class tours are available by appointment. Special events are held throughout the year.
The Conference House Association
P.O. Box 171
Staten Island, NY 10307
For more information or to register for any of the programs, please call 718-984-6046 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 718-984-6046 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.