Covington Country Club was organized and incorporated in June 1954, by a group of local business men. It’s first president was Mr. A. R. Blossman, Sr. Mr. Blossman donated 85 acres of land on the east bank of the Tchefuncte river for the first nine hole golf course, tennis courts and club house. He also used his company’s equipment to build a 10,000 sq. ft. club house, pool, patio, and golf course. The club was the first country club on the north shore – also it was the first 9 hole golf course.
The club was an instant success and over the next 15 years the club house was doubled in size, a cabana, tennis club house, four new tennis courts, 60 acres of land and an additional 9 holes of golf, were added.
The club house has been the setting for over 3,000 wedding, birthday parties, class reunions, and other social events. It has been the social center for west St. Tammany Parish, for the past 50 years.
On November 21, 2003, the club was purchased by Dick Blossman, (son of the founder) and his wife Lynn. Under their ownership the clubhouse and golf course has been under major renovations, including a total face lift, new furniture, new equipment, new golf carts, new irrigation system and a fresh team of workers, who love to be part of the reborn resort/country club. The business plan is to be the best on the north shore.