The Main Library in Covington, located on 622 Fifth Street, was built in 1914 in the Neo-Classical style by C.A. Brown with the assistance of the Carnegie Foundation grant. The Covington Women’s Club was a driving force behind the movement to provide library service for the people of Covington. In 1989, the Covington Library was placed on the National Register of Historical Places. The most recent addition to the library was in 1995.