3726 State Route 257
Cranberry Township originally named Fairfield Township when laid out in 1806 was officially organized in 1830 with a name change to Cranberry Township because of cranberry bogs located within the Township. Iron production was the first industry in the Township according to Exploring Venango County. Coal mining and oil production were also part of the early industry along with farms. Monarch Park and the Sibley Mansion were two of the Township's most interesting developments of years ago.
We've come a long way since then. Our roads are nearly all paved; water and sewer serve most of the more heavily populated areas, Morrison Park serves the Township for recreation, parties, weddings and the Cranberry Festival. The Samuel Justus Trail entertains nearly 100,000 users a year from local and far away places.