Deerfield High School is a public four-year high school located about 25 miles north of Chicago in Deerfield, IL. It is part of Township High School District 113, which also includes Highland Park High School.
Deerfield High School opened its doors to 490 students and 39 faculty members in September, 1960. Students had previously been commuting to Highland Park High School. In 1958, the Board of Education decided to build a new high school in preparation for a population increase. A $4,250,000 bond issue was approved by voters to support the building and staffing of the school to be located on an 80 acre plot of land off of Waukegan Road in Deerfield.