For the last 100 years farmers have been selling their produce directly to consumers in Saginaw, MI. Saginaw has had a number of different farmers' markets during this time. From 1910 to the end of the 1930s the Farmers' Market was near the Jacobson's store on Federal Avenue. In later years, the Market occupied different sites, including: near the former Montgomery Ward's building, the Saginaw Fairgrounds, and Hayden Street.
The current Downtown Saginaw Farmers' Market (DSFM) grew out of an effort by Saginaw's PRIDE in Saginaw, Inc. which saw the need and desire for a market. In 1992, PRIDE sought the assistance of the City of Saginaw and the Saginaw News to help having Market days in the downtown area. Early on the Market featured two to three vendors on two days per week from July through October. The Market moved to its current location, the the corner of Washington and Thompson, in 2002. Today the DSFM has more than 50 vendors and operates four days a week. An early season sees the Market open late in May and expands as the Michigan growing season brings more bounty into the city.
May 24 - October 30, 2019
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am-3pm
Saturdays, 9am - 1pm
Location: 203 South Washington Street