The beautiful and historic Coleman building was given to the Society in 1984 by Lauren and Lucile Coleman's grandchildren. Dr. Coleman, who was dentist, purchased the building which had been the Farmers National Band and turned it into his office and home in 1928. He continued his practice until his death in 1968, and Mrs. Coleman lived there until 1984.
The building houses an outstanding collection of artifacts and memorabilia of the Ellendale area. In 2002, a 36x80 addition was built adjacent to the Coleman Memorial Museum. This houses the artifacts from the Depot Museum. It is handicapped accessible with access from the old building to the new building.
An old threshing machine located off of US 281 south of the Oxenrider Motel was donated to the Ellendale Historical Sociey by the late Elmer Gentz. the sign displayed advertises the Coleman Museum.