Erie Civic Music Association had its beginning in 1929 with a handful of local music lovers who wanted the community to enjoy quality concerts at affordable prices.In 1950 Erie Civic Music Association was incorporated as a 501© non-profit organization by the court of common pleas of Erie county. Its first official office was located in downtown Erie, Pa at 605 Palace Hardware Building.The main purpose to which it was formed was to present a series of at least 3 concerts on an annual basis by outstanding artists, musical organizations or non-profit educational and civic basis.
From small recital halls to increased seating at then Tech High auditorium and finally to the historic Warner Theater with a larger seating capacity to hold our annual 6 concerts.Over the past 50 years Erie Civic Music Association has seen tremendous growth in its season membership holders. In 2004 a historic record of 1,622 season memberships was achieved by Erie Civic Music Association. Under the leadership of Stu Deaner, Rodney Blystone and Tom Fuhrman our goals were implemented and we are continuing to grow.