As indicated on the Club emblem, the Fairfield County Fish and Game Protective Association, Inc. was founded on November 25, 1907. The Association was incorporated in 1939. Over the years the Club has had the benefit of many dedicated, hard working and distinguished members. During the period from 1917 to 1937, a few of the more active club members included state game wardens. One of these wardens was Mr. A. Joseph Williamson who, while acting as the Secretary/Treasurer of the Club for almost ten years, also became the first Chief Game Warden for the State of Connecticut. According to information in copies of Club minutes, Mr. Al Eccles was also a very active member and past President of the Club. Mr. Eccles became a Connecticut State Senator while he was a member of the Club and his son, Al Eccles Jr., was a Life member of the Club until his death in the late 1980's.