Church History :
On the first day of October in 1895 a few of the members of the Christian faith got together and organized a church to be known as the Church of Christ. The next day the following officers were selected, E. G. Ferguson, R.D. Allen and J.H. White where chosen as the Elders and M. Cox. Dr. J. Wooten and James Allen were selected as Deacons.
The Church in which we worship today is the original church built by this founding group. It has been modified somewhat with the passage of the years. The Sunday School addition was completed in 1955. July 31, 1960 the congregation celebrated the burning of the mortgage. Other additions and repairs have been made through the years. Today our congregation is small but faithful. We are trying to keep the Lord's Church open and His work on-going.