Add an Article
Add an Event
600 East State Street
First Presbyterian Church of Sharon was founded in downtown Sharon in 1844. In 1927, the congregation moved up State Street to our present location. In the years following, the congregation had a vision of ministry for the Shenango Valley and grew rapidly. In the turbulent years of the 1970s and 1980s with the decline of the steel industry and the closing of the Westinghouse plant, the congregation had a special ministry of care and hope.
Today a new vision of being a congregation of worship and mission is beginning to form. It’s a new dynamic vision of sharing in God’s mission for the community and for the world. It’s a vision of hospitality, joy and hope, as all people are welcome into a community that celebrates God’s grace.