140 North Saint Marys Street
Methodist Episcopal - Erie Conference. The first Methodist services were held in the Presbyterian Church in 1873; then in private homes and in a hall on Erie Avenue. Encouragement and help during this period came from the Emporium Methodist Church. The first building was erected in 1895 on land purchased by W. L. Sykes. In 1895 it became the Saint Marys Charge with six preaching points as part of the Williamsport District, Central Pennsylvania Conference. It became a station in 1896. The church building was dedicated in 1897 and used though not completed. The building was completed in 1903, with additions in 1923 (Asbury Hall), and extensive renovations in 1957 and 1965. Adjacent property was acquired in 1968 for a parsonage. It became part of Western Pennsylvania Conference in 1962. Membership 1968 was 490. The membership on January 1, 2003 was 432.