Franklin Branch Library

13651 East McNichols
313-481-1740

Named for the great American statesman, philosopher, and man of letters, Franklin was first opened January 23, 1929 as the Outer Drive branch. It was located just one block north of its present location. Closed temporarily in 1932, it reopened one month later with funds raised by residents of the neighborhood. It moved to its present location January 24, 1950 and was the first of the Detroit Public Library's functionally designed modern branches.

Photos