The Grand Army of the Republic Museum was erected in 1885 with funds raised by local Civil War veterans for what was the largest G.A.R. post in the country. Its crowning glory is the enormous 56' x 46' main hall on the third floor, which retains the original furnishings and has walls filled with photos of Civil War veterans.
Six more rooms have memorabilia from the Revolutionary War through the Korean War. The research library has an impressive built-in bookcase, which was designed and built by one of the founding veterans.
The Grand Army of the Republic Hall, also known as the General Frederick W. Lander Post No. 5, Grand Army of the Republic, is an historic building located at 58 Andrew Street in Lynn, Massachusetts, in the United States.
The hall was built in 1885 by members of the GAR as a memorial to the Union Army veterans of the Civil War. It was one of many such halls built in the country. On May 7, 1979, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The hall is now the Grand Army of the Republic Museum.