The Hoffman Family welcomes you to Hoffman Garden Center and Greenhouses. Growing Annual and perennial flowers has been a family tradition since the early 1900's. Mathias Hoffmann Immigrated from Luxemburg in the late 1800's. He married Catherine Loutsch and started a truck farming business in Evanston. Flowers and vegetables were grown on the farm and in 1917 the first greenhouses were built on Old Glenview Road in Evanston.
The newly created greenhouses were run by their son Edwin and his wife Mayme. They ran the greenhouses and florist shops together for over fifty years. Their sons Richard and George expanded in 1965 and built Hoffman Greenhouses in Mundelein. This expansion was a growing facility to supply the Evanston location and booming growth of the industry in the Chicago land area.
In 1984 Richard and his brother built Hoffman Garden Center in Volo. Today Richard, his daughter Gail, and son John continue the tradition passed down to them. Hoffman Greenhouses continues to supply retail garden centers throughout Chicago land.
Our Plants are available at Hoffman Garden Center which is our retail establishment. We recently opened a small garden center at our Mundelein, location. We are excited about a new satellite garden center in Ivanhoe (Rt. 60 +Rt. 83) at Weich's Inn, our extended family.
John and Matt Hoffman have been participating in Evanston Lincoln Park and the Green City Farmers Markets for over 10 years.