The Jackson Township Historical Preservation Committee was formed to research, gather and preserve historical information and artifacts concerning the history of Jackson Township. The Historical Preservation Committee works hand-in-hand with the Nant-Y-Glo Tri-Area Museum & Historical Society.
Jackson Township, Cambria County, Pennsylvania, was organized January 3, 1828, and was taken from Cambria and Summerhill Townships. It was named for Andrew Jackson who was elected to the presidency that year. There were less than ninety land owners in the Township. In 1860, the population was 854 and in 2000 it was slightly over 5200. At Mundys Corner the height above sea level is 1897 feet; at Chickaree, 2369 feet; at Vinco, 1722 feet and near Vintondale, 1480 feet.