Please call before attending any upcoming community events, as it is possible that they may be postponed or canceled as a result of Covid-19.
You can find CDC updates at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus
J.S. Robinson will provide the best education in the county.
J.S. Robinson’s Mission
J.S. Robinson will provide all students the knowledge and skills necessary to reach their highest potential.
J.S. Robinson Elementary School was built in 1961. Prior to J.S. Robinson being built, the small community elementary school was Turkey Creek Elementary. It was housed in the 1928 two story, brick building which had been the first Turkey Creek High School.
The new elementary school, J.S. Robinson, was built on a 16 acre site next door to the campus of Turkey Creek High School and Turkey Creek Junior High. On February 15, 1962, the teachers and students marched down the sidewalk and moved into their new elementary school.
J.S. Robinson Elementary School was named for James Seward Robinson, who had taught school and served as a principal in East Hillsborough County for 20 years. He also served 20 years in the Hillsborough County School Board.
J.S. Robinson Elementary School has recently undergone a five million dollar renovation, remodeling and new construction program. All sixteen original classrooms, an exceptional student building built in 1975, the cafeteria and the office suite were completely renovated and remodeled. A new building which houses eight new classrooms, four resource rooms, a complete computer lab and a music room was completed with the construction.