The Kentwood branch had its beginnings as a county library bookmobile stop on South Division near 44th St. in what was then Paris Township. At the request of the township, the county library established the first permanent branch in 1955. The current facility of 15,000 sq. ft. was erected on land donated by Cora Bowen Stauffer, a direct descendent of one on the area's earliest settlers and opened in 1975. Kentwood branch houses over 96,000 items including the Kent District Library career specialty collection.