Please call before attending any upcoming community events, as it is possible that they may be postponed or canceled as a result of Covid-19.
You can find CDC updates at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus
The Linden Seventh-day Adventist Church had its beginning in the home of Elder and Sister Sidney Armstrong. God blessed 18 souls who formed the nucleus of the First Seventh-day Adventist Church in Queens. Because of membership growth, we have had several church homes, some temporary and some permanent.
January 15, 1927, Elder James K. Humphrey organized these 18 members into a church body know as The First Jamaica Seventh-day Adventist Church. We will always be grateful to the Allen A. M. E. Church for permitting our small congregation a place of worship in their church home. After worshipping at the Jamaica Community Center for a period of time, we were blessed with our own permanent church home, a small wood-frame church building and parsonage, located at 106-52 160th Street, South Jamaica, Queens, pastored by Elder U.S. Willis.
Ministers who served our growing congregation during this period were: S. Armstrong, U.S. Willis, C. Cluff, J. Jervis, J. L. Martin, Sr., J. Cox, J. W. Clark, J. S. Green, Jr., I. O. Irons and V. L. Roberts.
Two events happened in 1951 our church caught fire during divine worship service, and New York City Housing Authority exercised its right of Eminent Domain, compelling the relocation of the church to St. Albans, Queens. Our new address became 173-04 Linden Boulevard, St. Albans, New York. For a period of time immediately after our church fire, Mt. Zion Baptist Church permitted us to worship in their beautiful church.
Construction began on our new church home in September, 1951, and was completed in April, 1953. We worshipped in the basement of the church during the construction. Friends and neighbors welcomed the construction of a church in their neighborhood and donated money and furnishings towards its completion. By popular consent our church name became The Linden Boulevard Seventh-day Adventist Church.