Please call before attending any upcoming community events, as it is possible that they may be postponed or canceled as a result of Covid-19.
You can find CDC updates at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus
Marshall Township's existence as a township dates back to June 3, 1863.
This territory was previously an election precinct of Franklin
Township. Marshall Township is named for Thomas Mercer Marshall, the
well-known attorney by whom the proceedings to withdraw from Franklin
Township were conducted before the court. For 40 years, in Pittsburgh,
there was scarcely an important murder trial in which he did not
conduct the defense.
There are two Indian trails dating from the
colonial times that wind their way through the area. The Venango Trail
cuts the northeast corner of the Township as that historic road follows
its course from Pittsburgh to Venango (present day Franklin, Venango
County) Erie, and Presque Isle. The Kuskusky Path passes through the
entire Township from south to north on its way to Kuskusky (present day
New Castle, Lawrence County) and cuts its way through the property
where Marshall Elementary and Middle Schools are located.