To improve the health of the people of Western North Carolina and the surrounding region.
- Serve people as a not-for-profit health system governed by a voluntary community board.
- Ensure sustainability through stewardship of the community's assets.
- Provide quality services in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate in order to improve access across the entire continuum of care.
- Promote wellness and health to benefit the community.
A regional diversified health system providing superior care and service to patients and their families through a full continuum of integrated services, education and research.
Major Strategies: "DEEDS"
Excel in patient quality and safety
Enhance operational and financial performance
Develop the health system
Strengthen key relationships
Our MERIT Values
Five core values-Mercy, Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Trust/Teamwork- form the foundation for our culture at Mission Hospitals.
Mercy We work to create a caring and compassionate environment responsive to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of all persons.
Excellence We strive to meet or exceed patient/customer needs and expectations and work as a team to improve every aspect of care and service in our organization.
Respect We value the innate dignity of all persons, respect their uniqueness and diversity and enable the development of each one's full potential.
Integrity We are consistently open, honest and ethical and abide by the Mission Hospitals Integrity statement.
Trust/Teamwork We say what we mean and do what we say.