Parker Elementary School believes that all children can learn and be successful. We strive to provide a safe and positive environment in which all children will develop a strong self image, a thirst for learning, and will grow to realize their full potential academically, socially and morally.
Parker Elementary School was originally built in 1868. It was dedicated and named Parker School in 1896 in honor of Clara Parker, a devoted public school teacher and educator who lived in the community. In 1913, the Parker School building was razed and a completely new facility was built in its place. Additionally, an annex which included a new gymnasium was added in 1940. Finally, in1954, a new addition consisting of approximately twelve classrooms was added giving us our present facility. During the 2000-2001 school year Parker expanded once again and welcomed another campus known affectionately as Parker Annex located on Malone and Grand Streets. The Parker School Community are elementary schools with grade levels PreK- Fifth grade serving the needs of a multicultural urban community.