A Brief History:
In the mid 1800’s a family of German descent came from Reading, Pennsylvania to Miamisburg, Ohio. Loyal to their denomination (United Brethren In Christ) they sought to establish a church home in Miamisburg. By the fall of 1857, at what is now the corner of Lock and Main Streets in Miamisburg, a small brick church, the United Brethren, was dedicated. Original services were entirely in German, but the church was later organized into an English congregation in 1876.
In 1883 the church moved to a new building at Fourth and Buckeye Streets and continued to grow. Then in 1946 the United Brethren and Evangelical denominations joined to form the Evangelical United Brethren Church. As a result, the church name was changed to the Evangelical United Brethren Church.
In 1962 the church moved again, this time to a 1915 Gothic style building at Fifth Street and Park Avenue that was previously used by the Methodist Church of Miamisburg.In 1968 the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged with the Methodist Church to form the United Methodist Church and the name of the church was changed to Parkview United Methodist Church.
In September 2003, the church moved to its current location on 17 acres on Benner Road west of Byers Rd in Miamisburg.From German to English, from United Brethren to United Methodist, Parkview United Methodist Church has continued to maintain a strong faith and devotion dedicated to furthering the gospel of Jesus Christ.