Our historic Maybrook church, under the name of the Peoples Baptist Church, was organized in 1905, with the church building constructed in 1906.*
The earliest photo we know of was taken in 1910, and is featured on a postcard which is part of the church’s historical records. The postcard caption reads: “Baptist Church, Walden Road, Maybrook, N. Y.”
In recent years we find the current congregation was formed by uniting the First Regular Baptist Church and the People’s Baptist Church of Maybrook. The two congregations were supposed to join together on January 3, 1999, but the service was snowed out. The first service together was on the following Sunday, January 10th.* The new combined congregation chose the name, Peoples Regular Baptist Church (PRBC). They also elected to continue the First Regular Baptist Church affiliation with the General Association of Regular Baptists and the former Empire State Fellowship, now known as Northeast Fellowship…A Network of Independent Baptists. This arrangement continued for many years until in July, 2015, the congregation officially incorporated as Peoples Regular Baptist Church.