We planted our first Afghan Christmas trees in 1986 as an experiment to see if Christmas trees would grow in Bosque County. Our 9-acre tree farm is part of a ranch that was purchased in 1946 by Kenneth's parents, Sam and Doris Radde, when their Hill County property became part of Lake Whitney. Registered Polled Hereford cattle have been raised on Radde Ranch since that time.
Our ranch had a pretty interesting history before the Raddes bought it. From 1914 to 1940 the property was owned by Governors Ma and Pa Ferguson, who used it as their "summer home place." In fact, one of the first paved roads in Texas was FM 1991 that leads to the farm.