The mission of the River Rouge School District, in partnership with home and community, is to provide our students with opportunities to become productive, caring members of a changing society through self-discipline and lifelong learning.
1. The student is the primary focus of the school.
2. Everyone is capable of learning.
3. Educating each student is the responsibility of everyone.
4. Communication between the school, home, and community is essential.
5. Self-discipline is developed through respect and responsibility.
6. Learning is a life-long process.
1. River Rouge students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing across the curricular areas.
2. River Rouge students will increase their knowledge and skills in the area of science.
3. River Rouge students will increase their knowledge and skills in the area of Mathematics.
4. River Rouge students will increase their knowledge and skills in the area of Social Studies.
5. River Rouge students will increase their knowledge in the area of Reading in all curricular areas.
6. River Rouge Schools will promote and provide opportunities for parental and community participation to improve the total learning environment.
7. River Rouge Schools will provide Comprehensive Training and Staff Development Programs to prepare staff with the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the district's mission.